Sunday, May 25, 2008

And So it Begins...

Alright. After a whole lot of emails and a few phone calls, I've got my couch surfing schedule pretty much ironed out. Although, I must admit, it was a little harder than I anticipated. Who knew crashing with a perfect stranger could be so difficult.

I'm hitting the road for Philadelphia tomorrow morning and I should get there mid-afternoon. Monday night I'm staying with Laura Melizyaev, who lives in the art museum area of Philly. Laura has had an account on couchsurfing.com for over a year now, so hopefully she'll have some colorful stories.

Tuesday night I'm planning on staying with
Ed Weinberg, who lives in South Philly (I'm saying this as if I know where that is). Ed hasn't returned my calls yet so we'll see how that pans out, but I've still got a day or two to work it out.

Last note: If weather permits, I'm getting a tour of Philly from Judy Becker. Judy is 69 years old and according to her profile she's been to 112 countries so far. When I talked to her earlier she had just come back from a trip. She also offered to show me the museum she's made in her house. "Mostly dolls," she said. Interesting...

Stay tuned for the good stuff.

- Evan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is sounding very interesting. We are sure you will meet some great people

Anonymous said...

Hi Evan,
This sounds so cool! I want to couch surf too!
I'm sure the experiences and the stories you'll
learn along the way will be well worth it. How long
does one couch surf? Where else will your
surfing bring you? I've just bookmarked your
blog address and look forward to following your
journey!
Safe travels,
Aunt Sandy