Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Top Ten Cities


First off, my apologies to Ed. I thought I had the right eHow article (the one he wrote on couch surfing tips), but I was wrong. Thankfully, he corrected me in the comments section, which also verifies that at least one person is still reading this.

Anyway, in case you didn't read his comment, here is the link to Ed's tips on eHow, and they are much better.

Now for the top ten cities to couch surf. Before I start, I have to credit couchsurfing.com for these stats. Although I wish this was my own personal top ten, neither time nor money has afforded me that opportunity. These are simply the cities that have been couch surfed the most.

1. Paris, France (10,603): This is the one city overseas that I have actually been to. It's a fantastic city, especially for young people. It is expensive mostly because the U.S. dollar is worthless, and I lived off of baguettes and cheese for the last week. Needless to say, it's no surprise to me that over 10,000 surfers have stayed here.

2. London, England (9,013): The dollar is even worse in England, since they are still using the pound.

3. Montreal, Quebec (8,383): Been here too. I had just turned 18 and Montreal was literally a haven for every vice that goes along with being 18 and male. Fond memories for sure.

4. Berlin, Germany (6,746): I've heard great things about this city although I've never been there. I do, however, find the German accent a bit unappealing, in case anyone cared.

5. Vienna, Austria (5,016): It's also one of the top three cities in the world for quality of life.

6. New York, New York (4,310):
Oddly enough the dollar sucks here too. Case in point: $8 beers.

7. Istanbul, Turkey (4,119): Makes me think of one of myfavorite songs.

8. San Francisco, California (4,037): Haven't been there, but I'm not sure I know anybody who doesn't like San Fran. But maybe that's just me.

9. Melbourne, Australia (3,923): If I had an Australian accent, women would flock to me. Unfortunately I don't, and my boyish good looks don't seem to be doing the trick.

10. Toronto, Ontario (3,676): I went on a weekend road trip to Toronto once. For me, it was a bigger cleaner Montreal, except I was two years older and still had the same vices. People were very friendly though, so I can see why it's popular.

If you want to see a complete list of cities click here.

- Evan

1 comment:

Anthony Mark said...

Buy indoor plants online near dwarka, new delhi - Birthright offers indoor plants for home online in India. At our online nursery, We have a team of talented brand shapers who have the capability, passion and knowledge to deal with clients.
As a Graphic Design Services In India, We have a team of talented and Creative Graphic Designers to Create Custom Graphics.
Get contact details and address of Renovation Services, Renovation Works firms and a home renovation services is Negotiable.
Use the Blink Monitor App for Android to check in on what's happening at home from anywhere at any time. The app connects your home to your phone in HD video
Getlisting Provides Complete Solution If You Facing The PlentyOfFish (POF). Can't log in? Issues in United States. If your file is being reviewed for some reason, such as being reported by another Plenty of Fish user, your account might be temporarily suspended while the company investigates.